Friday 23 August 2013

Day 235 Protect

Having spent a few days in Edinburgh earlier this summer I was amazed at the number of people who were just sitting on the streets, obviously homeless and begging, there was a whole range of ages - both men and women. Many never looked you in the eye - they just had hand written notices saying 'Thank you'. I always find it hard, I want to help and give money but there were people seemingly everywhere. I was impressed by the people who I saw who had the courage to sit down and talk to the people who were begging - I never know what to say or do.
It was lovely to find a cafe that was doing 'suspended coffees' - I'd heard of this idea but not sure how it actually worked. I think its great and would happily pay for an extra coffee when I'm out - wish more places did this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be shown after verification, thank you