Monday 4 February 2013

Day 35 Buttons


I have two posts today - one is 'safe' and talks about the set up and textures of the above photo the other is more from the heart so here goes!
When looking for a quote to add to today's image I kept coming across 'Mothers are like buttons, they hold everything together' and this really 'got' to me. My mum has problems with her memory (and yes that's a euphemism!) she is often unaware of major events in the family, births and deaths pass her by, she has no idea of what is happening in the family and has to be told several times. Her personality has changed and although I love her I find myself increasingly frustrated by this angry woman who shouts at me when I suggest we change her food stained shirt or offer to wash her hair. She thinks we are plotting against her and it is becoming increasingly hard to watch what this is doing to my dad. I am trying to become a replacement button and hold everything together but its hard and to be honest I miss my mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be shown after verification, thank you