Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 33 My View

I debated for quite a while over this photo. Should I go and take a landscape shot of a traditional view near where I live. Should i tbe a metaphorical, my point of view? In the end I decided that my view is whatever I see through my viewfinder. I spend a lot of time trying to get pupils to think like photographers...for the first week I only allow them to use cardboard mounts as their 'cameras' it is so important that they understand composition. What your eye sees isn't what your camera viewfinder sees and you need to think in rectangles and squares as well as looking at angles and rule of thirds. (Imagine your viewfinder is divided into 9 squares - you put points of importance on the intersecting lines as a general guide - although rules are there to be broken) - see diagram below).
I bought this vase in M&S this morning and the Gerbera is a remnant of a birthday bouquet from last week. I have edited this image and put three separate textures layers onto it until I got the result I wanted.




 Rule of thirds

  Make a rectangle like this and practise 'seeing'

1 comment:

  1. I love this! So simple yet so difficult to do it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be shown after verification, thank you