Wednesday 9 January 2013

Day 9 Your favourite shoes

Day 9 – Your favourite shoes.
Like many other women I have loads of pairs of shoes! I have some I’ve never worn. I take a size 3 shoe and the sales always have so many pairs it would be an insult not to buy some. I have some I’ve only worn once. I bought a beautiful pair of pink satin material kitten heels for my son’s wedding but only managed to wear them throughout the service, they hurt so much I carried them round for most of the day (they did however, match my outfit perfectly!)
I have school shoes, shopping shoes, walking shoes, I understand the term ‘car to bar’ only shoes…..
I do have a problem with heels, I just can’t wear them! I’m 5’2’’ so heels would be good and I have tried on numerous occasions, hence the shoes never worn.
The photo today is two pairs of my favourite shoes. The red ones with heels obviously come into the stylish but never worn category (notice I’m sitting down!) – an impulse e bay purchase but I’m keeping them!
(If you want to be able to take self-portraits like this then a remote shutter release is great along with a tripod)

 cost about £15 upwards

The other pair are my ‘Frederick’ shoes – simply because I bought them in a small town called, funnily enough, ‘Frederick’, near Gettysburg in the USA. My husband is Civil War fanatic and our touring holiday took in lots of battle sites and included a fair bit of walking (there are over 1,300 monuments on the Gettysburg National Park site – trust me I know!!)My feet were blistered and cut beyond belief, I was in agony and had so many plasters and blister pads I could hardly walk. We found this tiny shoe shop and asked (well begged really) for a pair of walking shoes in size 3….to cut a long story short these were perfect. The assistant seemed a little concerned that I hadn’t asked for a price before declaring that I had to have them. I would have paid anything! The beauty of these shoes is that they were there when I needed them. Not stylish and a grotty pale green colour BUT oh the joy of pain free walking.
So - comfort or style? Comfort every time I’m afraid but the red ones will stay in the wardrobe for me to gaze at from time to time x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be shown after verification, thank you