Sunday 6 January 2013

Day 6 Someone who inspires you


Day 6 is 'Someone who inspires you' - the person above has been both a true friend and a real inspiration to me, many of you will already know him but maybe not in his 'guises' above!
I know some people were concerned about how they would take today's photo but to be honest one of my resolutions this year is to stop worrying so much - so the photos above were taken last year but edited today - it's ok to break the rules!
Anyway, enough waffling, why is Hywel (@hywel_roberts) my inspiration - he gave me back my self belief and confidence when I was struggling, he showed me that you do not have to stay in a job that is making you unhappy and held my hand every step of the way.
We go way back in that we did our AST assessments together, learnt together, shared an office (aka a cupboard/corridor), taught together and trained others together. I remember Darren Holmes saying to us once that he'd never seen a pair of teachers laugh so much and have such fun in the classroom.
That said, he is also an amazing musician, an award winning author, a wonderful family man (although young Tom R often is as bemused by him as we all are).
This was a good challenge day as it also gave me a chance to say 'Thanks Mate' x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be shown after verification, thank you